5 Reasons why you should invite children to your wedding
I used to be one of these people who thought that children should be barred from weddings. I thought that they made noise, they made a mess and they got in the way. Actually that is all true, but it’s not a reason to bar them from your wedding day. In fact, quite the opposite. Just look at all the amazing images below of the children entertaining me and (on the whole) all the other weddings guests too.
A wedding is the perfect place for kids, they add colour to the day and a smile to everyone’s face. Believe it or not adults are really boring until about 10pm when the sun goes down and the DJ starts pumping out “Come on Eileen” or some equally awful song that suddenly everyone loves because they have had one too many vodka and cokes. Also the kids are the only ones who take advantage of the huge country estate you have hired for the day, more often than not they cover every blade of grass running around throughout the day, a wedding venue is an amazing play park, just look at the photos from The Orangery, Northbrook Park, Preston Court or Whitstable Castle to name just a few.
So below I have listed five good reasons why you should invite children to your wedding:
1. They are your family – they might be annoying but they are blood, and you love them and in years to come you will appreciate a few photos of you all together. Families getting together these days can be quite rare, so make the most of it and get some memories to treasure forever.
2. They look cute in a suit…or dress – who doesn’t love seeing their little niece or nephew looking smart and adorable in some crazy suit or dress? This one also has a second amusement factor, because you can whip these photos out at their wedding in twenty years’ time to embarrass them.
3. They are like monkeys – kids love to climb, jump or crawl over anything and that is entertaining for the photographer which makes for great photos…simple
4. They love to dance – more than likely you have paid a DJ or band to entertain you, and it’s more than likely your guests will sit around until way after dark being boring (refer to above), so get some value for money and get the kids on the dancefloor
5. They make you young again – just look at the photo below from The Orangery in Maidstone, this guy is in his element giving piggy backs to the kids, it’s a memory and a photo that will be treasured forever.
So if you agree with at least some of the things I am saying, make sure you head on over to my WEDDING PORTFOLIO to see a few more documentary wedding pictures and then GIVE ME A SHOUT and lets talk about how kids will ruin…I mean enhance your wedding day!